Early Childhood HEAD Teacher
- Commitment to ongoing Professional development and career progression
- Well-resourced centre + 2 outdoor playground facilities + vege patch
- An 8 week on-boarding programme + supportive and knowledgeable centre manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our clients seeking a qualified and experienced head teacher for their centre with leadership skills. Working for a family owned business based in Mt Eden with all of the benefits of a large company you will be welcomed into the centre with an inclusive and supportive team + manager. The centre is well maintained and resourced with a focus on catering to our future leaders to explore their world with wonder, curiosity and creative expression by having access to: 2 separate outdoor areas, a garden and compost area promoting an environmentally friendly landscape.
- Inclusive and supportive team environment with good staff retention
- Receive ongoing Professional development with external providers + career progression
- Excellent teacher + child ratios – WELL below the MOE requirements
- Receive quality time off the floor for half a day each week
- Discounted child care fees + extra sick leave
- Get a paid day off for your birthday
- Work for a manager who is qualified, has been with the centre for the last 8 years and is willing to share her knowledge and experience
- An 8 week on boarding programme is offered to ALL new staff
- Every year a senior member of staff is paid to go to the Regio Emilia conference in Italy – this could be you!
- Receive discounted rates from the BNZ
- Be part of a monthly incentive programme awarding vouchers to top performers
- Get your teacher registration + first aid certificate paid for when it expires
Skills and experience for the role:
- Qualified and experienced early child hood HEAD teacher with leadership experience
- Hold a current teaching OR provisional registration
- Experience in the Regio Emilia philosophy OR a desire to learn
- Organise staff breaks, purchase toys, support meaningful investigation + liaising with parents
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven solutions focused approach, with a positive and flexible attitude and the ability to multi task and prioritise
- Competent with Microsoft office suite
- Clean Police check
If you want to work for a centre that truly values their staff, where you are not just a number and the benefits + opportunities are limitless then pick up the phone and talk to Mel on 021 0455974 to learn more or click on apply now.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.